Hunter Site Services is currently hiring for an industrial/commercial electrician.
Electricians will report to a Supervisor or person designated by the Supervisor and perform numerous critical tasks and functions to achieve their division’s goals and objectives while operating within established Hunter Site Services policies, procedures and guidelines. Work consists of installation, alterations, additions and/or repairs of electrical systems, conductors and associated materials and equipment within the commercial and industrial electrical construction industry. Their responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining personal tool pouch and tools.
- Handling construction and electrical materials.
- Keeping work areas clean.
- Restocking supplies and materials as necessary.
- Following specific instructions and directions.
- Working within standards of accuracy.
- Completing repetitive, short-duration tasks according to set procedures.
- Evaluating information using measurable standards.
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures and help to implement safe work procedures and correct unsafe work activities and notify supervisors of any unsafe activities
- Be proficient in understanding and reading construction documents, plans and specifications.
- Proficient in coordinating electrical installation
- Proficient with the National Electric Code (NEC) and National Fire Protection Administration ( NFPA ) codes and regulations pertaining to electrical installation
- Keep accurate log of daily work activities
- Willingness to follow direction from supervisors
- Willingness to accept additional training as required by the company such as safety (OSHA), forklift operation etc.
- Notify foreman/superintendent of material needed or if material stock piles are running low
- Be able to work with other journeyman electricians and apprentices
- Be able to work well with others and other trades
- Knowledge of and proficient in the operation of standard electrical tools and equipment such as: conduit threaders, benders, hole punch, ohm meter, volt meter, power tools and hand tools. Measuring and bending rigid conduit is a must
- Ability to perform: routine and repetitive tasks, work easily and skillfully with hands, climb and maintain balance on scaffolds or ladders. See well (naturally or with correction) and distinguish colors; Reach for, handle, and grasp wires and hand tools; Bend, crouch, and work in small places; and lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted, bending, standing crouching, climbing and walking.
- Large commercial and or industrial electrical experience
- Experience in underground distribution installation, rigid conduit installation, and electrical distribution equipment installation including Main Distribution Panels, Motor Control Centers and Transformers.
- Proficient in 600V and lower, electrical installation
- Hazardous location electrical experience preferred
- Medium and High Voltage experience welcome.
- Fire Alarm, Gas Detection, and Electrical Control experience welcome.
- Proof of current Electrical License and/or Journeyman card.
- Willingness to travel IS A MUST.
Experience: 3 to 5 years experience in industrial area preferred.
Driver’s License: Valid driver’s license is required.
Other: Applicable federal, state and local license as required by job conditions or company.
Certifications – Applicable federal, state and local certifications as required by job conditions or company.
Education – High School Graduate, G.E.D or equivalent.
Working Conditions: Job requires working in all weather conditions regardless of job location or time of year (heat, cold, rain, or snow).
- Must be able to utilize sanitary facilities located on construction sites.
- Job requires employee to have and maintain required personal tools at all times.
- Must be able to work from all types of ladders and man lifts.
- Employee’s combined personal weight with personal tools included cannot exceed the rated weight capacity/limit of ladders.
- Perform work at various heights, up to 90-feet from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, cat walks or other safe work areas.
- Work in restricted areas with proper supervision.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required in Hunter Site Services Safety Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Must be able to work 40-hours per week and overtime as required, to include night shifts and working out of town if needed.
- Positively identify colors of wire.
- Comprehend reading.
- Capacity to use required power tools.
- Comprehend and practice safe working procedures as outlined in Hunter Site Services Safety Handbook.
- Operate two handed tools as required.
- Operate company trucks.
- Read and interpret instructional manuals, work-site directions and written instructions.
- Work from mechanical lifts with Electrical Mechanic and/or other Productive Employees (electrical or gas powered).
- Possess good vision and hearing (either naturally or corrected).
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull and reach overhead.
- Lift objects weighing up to 100 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Constantly move on feet.
- Climb ladders (all types).
- Must be able to complete a full-day’s assignment of overhead work.
- Transit from employee parking areas to construction areas and gain access to all levels of the site/structure, even if the only means of access is via O.S.H.A-approved construction ladders, or stairs that are still under construction.
- Responsible for securing tools and materials from storage areas to complete assigned tasks.
- Repetitive use of arms, legs, hands and fingers.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Long and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid Time Off
(This description covers the principle duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not be interpreted as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day to day).
Employment offers are contingent upon an applicant's consent to and completion of pre-employment screenings consisting of referral checks, criminal background checks, MVR check and drug screening. Hunter Site Services is an EEO Company.